The Dell Precision 17 7730 is a powerful mobile workstation curated for professionals who require a dependable and highly geared system to maneuver their challenging tasks. Packed with powerful hardware, top-notch features, and hard-wearing build quality, this laptop is a perfect pick for professionals and to-be professionals who are in need of a portable workspace capable of handling excessive workloads. In this article, we will perform a closer inspection of the Dell Precision 17 7730 along with its specifications, pros, and cons, comparison to other laptops, and whether it is worth your investment or not.
Let’s begin with its Specifications
The Dell Precision 17 7730 is armed with:
- an 8th generation Intel Core i5/i7/i9 processor containing up to six cores
- 64GB of DDR4 memory
- Up to 4TB of NVMe SSD Storage
- The system also has a 17.3-inch FHD/UHD display
- NVIDIA Quadro P3200 graphics
- Variety of connectivity alternatives including Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, HDMI, and Ethernet.
- The laptop also offers modern security features for instance a fingerprint sensor, smart card reader, and TPM 2.0 Module.
Let us now take a closer look at the pros and cons of the Dell Precision 17 7730
Similar: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Max-Q
- Powerful Performance: The Dell Precision 17 7730 is one of the most powerful workstations available in the market today. It can handle hefty workloads with no bother, due to its appreciable processor, abundant memory, and sufficient storage.
- Exceptional Display: The 17.3-inch FHD/UHD display of the Dell Precision 17 7730 makes it an ideal pick for graphic designers, gamers, and other tech-related professionals. It presents perfect accuracy, color, brightness, and contrast.
- Durable Build Quality: The Dell Precision 17 7730 is built like a tank. Its rugged and sustainable design can resist unexpected bumps, drops, and other shocks, which makes it a perfect pick for harsh environments.
- Great Connectivity Options: The Dell Precision 17 7730 proffers a diversity of connectivity options like Thunderbolt 3, HDMI, USB 3.1, and Ethernet. This allows easy access to multiple accessories and peripherals.
- Expensive: The Dell Precision 17 7730 is among the most pricey mobile workstations in the market. Its high price may not be affordable for everyone, mainly small businesses and freelancers.
- Bulky Design: The Dell Precision 17 7730 is a bulky and hefty laptop weighing about 7.5 pounds. This hinders its portability which may be a difficulty for those who travel occasionally.
- Short Battery Life: The Dell Precision 17 7730 comes with a rather shorter battery life, which lasts for up to 4-5 hours with a single charge. This might be a complication for those who work long hours without access to a power outlet.
Since we’re now familiar with the pros and cons of Dell Precision 17 7730, let’s compare it with its other competent contenders:
Competent Contenders for Dell Precision 17 7730
The Dell Precision 17 7730 is a warehouse of power in regards to performance, thanks to its 8th generation Intel Core i5/i7/i9 processors, up to 64GB of DDR4 memory and up to 4TB of NVMe SSD storage. When compared to other laptops on the table, the Dell Precision 17 7730 outcompetes the majority of them in respect of performance.
For instance, the MacBook Pro 16-inch comes with up to 9th generation Intel Core i9 processors, up to 64GB of DDR4 memory, and 8TB of SSD Storage, which is identical to the Dell Precision 17 7730. However, the MacBook Pro is void of the dedicated graphics of the Dell Precision 17 7730’s NVIDIA Quadro P3200, making it a better choice for professionals who require high-end graphics performance.
The Dell Precision 17 7730 offers a 17.3-inch FHD/UHD display which provides phenomenal accuracy, a vibrant color palette, brightness, and contrast. When compared to other laptops, the Dell Precision 17 7730’s display is at par with most high-end laptops, like the MacBook Pro 16-inch or the HP ZBook Studio G7, which also comes with 16-inch or 15.6-inch displays with identical FHD/UHD resolutions.
The Dell Precision 17 7730 offers a rugged and sustainable design, making it ideal for use in strident or harsh environments. When compared to other laptops in the market, the Dell Precision 17 7730’s build quality is parallel to other upmarket laptops like the MacBook Pro 16-inch or the HP ZBook studio G7. However, Dell Precision 17 7730’s bulky design may make it less portable.
Dell Precision 17 7730 features a variety of connectivity options inclusive of Thunderbolt 3, USB 3.1, HDMI, and Ethernet. When compared to others, the Dell Precision 17 7730’s connectivity options are identical to most sophisticated upmarket laptops.
Drawing closer to the conclusion, Dell Precision 17 7730 is a high-performing mobile workstation that offers excellent performance, display, modern security features, and so on for engineers, graphics designers, and other creative professionals. While compared to other high-end laptops available in the market, Dell Precision 17 7730 outdoes most of them in terms of quality, performance, colors, and features, which makes it an outstanding pick for sophisticated tasks.
While the Dell Precision 17 7730 may not be the most portable laptop on the table, its performance, display, build quality, and connectivity options make it competent among the upmarket laptops. Overall, if you’re on the search for a high-performance mobile workstation that can outdo the most outrageous accidents and proffer the best among the best graphics, then Dell Precision 17 7730 is worth the investment.